Note

To All Coke Fans:

The Past, Present and Future influences of one of the most popular beverages in the world.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 1 - Chapter 1: Brief History and Mission Statement

When anyone asks me Coke or Pepsi... my answer is always Coke of course. I would drink it everyday if I could and if I wasn't aware of how bad it is for me. But when I do drink it, all I care about is how good it tastes. I decided to make a blog about it, and this blog will be my journey to discovering this beverage's origin and how their Cola flavor differs from others like it.
So the year was 1886, John Pemberton, an Atlanta pharmacist, was inspired by pure curiosity after mixing up a fragrant, caramel-colored liquid. He carried it a few doors down to Jacobs' Pharmacy where the mixture was combined with carbonated water and sampled by customers who all agreed that this new drink was something special. So Jacobs' Pharmacy put it on sale for five cents a glass. FIVE CENTS A GLASS... man. Anyway, Pemberton's bookkeeper Frank Robinson, named the mixture Coca-Cola, and wrote it out in his distinct script. To this day, Coca-Cola is written the same way. In the first year, Pemberton sold just 9 glasses of Coca-Cola a day. A century later, The Coca-Cola Company has produced more than 10 billion gallons of syrup. Unfortunately for Pemberton, he died in 1888 without realizing the success of the beverage he had created.
The Coca-Cola Company's mission is to refresh the world, inspire moments of optimism and happiness, and to create value and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment